To say New Yorkers have access to a lot of information would be an understatement. Daily newsletters such as Daily Candy, UrbanDaddy and Thrillist toss New Yorkers a hidden gem each day. Deal websites such as Gilt City, LivingSocial and AmazonLocal offer discounts to popular New York City establishments. Yelp helps New Yorkers figure out which of the foregoing are worthwhile, OpenTable helps make the res, and HopStop helps get you there. But what if you’re on the hunt for more?
Here are 7 websites to help you live a better New York life!
- What: Romio is a platform which allows users to ask questions about anything related to New York City which will be answered in real-time by a select list of New York City experts or other members. Want to know where to head for an early morning run? Which dog parks are the friendliest? Where you should host your 30th birthday? Ask Romio, and your obscure question will be answered!
- Why: Because sometimes you’re just too lazy to do the leg work. With Romio, you can sit back and wait for responses to your questions to be emailed directly to you. Why do the work when someone else can do it for you?! (And p.s., when you join Romio, make sure to follow City Gal!)
- What: New York’s only all brunch resource. Looking for bottomless brunch in the East Village? Done! BYOB in Hell’s Kitchen? Done! Simply choose the neighborhood and features you’re looking for, and BrunchCritic.com will curate a list of spots based on your specific needs.
- Why: Because you want brunch, you want it now, and you don’t have time to sift through 100 reviews on Yelp.
- What: Tons of local food and wine events including tastings, festivals, winery tours and cooking classes.
- Why: Because wine makes everything better.
- What: Carefully selected insider specials on eateries New Yorkers love. Score discount codes, free bottles of wine and other specials at popular New York City restaurants.
- Why: Because free booze is hard to pass up.
- What: Meetup isn’t new, but has recently grown in popularity and legitimacy. Meetup hosts everything from the massively popular New York Tech Meetup to smaller meetups related to travel, health, and even dating. No matter what your interest, you can find like-minded people to share activities and experiences with.
- Why: Because it’s easy to get caught up in the same old routine.
- What: Deep discounts on everything from laser hair removal, gel manicures and highlights to juice cleanses and cosmetic procedures.
- Why: Because we’re all a little vain (and a little cheap) sometimes. Why pay top dollar for cosmetic services when you can easily purchase them on Lifebooker for a fraction of the cost?!
- What: Free reservations at popular restaurants combined with a significant discount. Simply enter your desired date, reserve your spot at a popular restaurant, and receive a discount code worth up to 40% off your bill.
- Why: Duh, because paying 40% less for dinner is better than paying full price.
Which websites help you live a better New York life?!